Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Thank you, that works great!
    • Melanie
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hi,

I have just followed your instructions for creating the login popup (thanks).

However its not quite right yet. I followed the original instructions and it produced a red button. I am using Ambrosia template and requre the small purple button. In my custom htlm I have pasted the following:

{source}
      <?php
      $user = JFactory::getUser();
      if ($user->guest) { 
      ?>
      [[a href="#" data-rokbox data-rokbox-element="#mypoplogin"]][[span class="button button-small button-purple"]]Login[[/span]][[/a]]
      <?php
      }
      else { 
      ?>
      [[a href="#" data-rokbox data-rokbox-element="#mypoplogin"]][[span class="button button-2 button-red"]]Logout[[/span]][[/a]]
      <?php
      }
      ?>
      {/source}

I have cleared breowser cache, cleared Joomla cache and my button still remaqins large and red. I have gone through the steps and I can't see where I might have gone wrong.

When I try to log out, I get a whirring circle. When I inspect google elements, I see the following message:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'y' of undefined rockbox.js (this points to /plugins/system/assets/js/rockbox.js

Also, because I cannot test this yet, I am unsure if it has a register button? I have Jomsocial on my website, so is this login module going to be ok with handling the registration for jomsocial?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Kind regards

Mel
    • Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Melanie.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Melanie - you link does not work? Please check.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Melanie
    • Hero Rocketeer

• My apologies, I hit the wrong key when entering web address. Please see now
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok I changed that for you - you had only changed it for "login" and not for "logout" - now it's working ok.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Melanie

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Melanie
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hi Mark,

thank you - the colour and size have now changed.

I am just trying to logout and I get this error:

The element #mypoplogin was not found in the DOM

I have searched on here, and it says to add popup or login as the position in the module. I have tried both and neither work for me.

I know in old gantry we had to select the login position via template area, but I cannot find that option.

What am I missing?

Mel
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• 1. You didn't follow the instruction correctly - you added "mypoplogin" as a CSS Class instead of an ID.
      2. You had the login module assigned to "selected" pages instead of "all"
      3. You extension called "minitek wall" is breaking rokbox and causing a JS error. Once i disabled this extension in extensions manager > manage (filter on "minitek") (see screenshot) then the logout then works (see screenshot).

You will also need this piece of CSS to make the login box look nicer (again one of your third-party plugins is altering things)...
      div#mypoplogin {
          width: 100%;
      }
      To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

I have left the minitek wall plugin disabled so you can see that the login/out works now.

Regards, Mark.
  • Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

Posted 8 years 1 month ago
    • I tried your steps and i get the pop up but the box says "The element #mypoplogin was not found in the DOM."
      what am I missing?
      the only thingi have left from your tutorial is the bita bout getting hte login and logoff status done but have not gotten there since i cant get the pop up to work correctly yet.
      I am using Callisto template with Joomla 3.4 if that helps
      thanks
      carlos
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Carlos Cordova - that means you have not done step 4 correctly. if you need more help Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
  • Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds