Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    • Hi Mr T. I've been trying to get my pop-up login working through Galatea (v1.1.3, Joomla 3.6.5), but I'm getting the spinning 'loading' icon only.

I've had the same result trying to use the built-in pop-up particle/module method as well as the tutorial you started this thread with.

I've tried to be thorough and have made sure rokbox is installed and everything is active and up-to-date, also that my browser cache was refreshed, but to no avail.

So I'm hoping that you can see whatever blindingly obvious thing I've missed. I've put my temporary site details on the secure tab.

No rush - after all it is Christmas!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• Ian Goodenough - there is no longer a need to use this method to create a popup login. There is now a core particle called the "popup module" that you can use instead which is easier to use. I changed your site to use this method instead but unfortunately you still get the forever spinner. I note that your php memory limit is very low at 100M so you should increase this to at least 128M. Also your post_max_size and upload_max_filesize both need to be increased to at least 20M.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Many thanks Mark.

I played with my php settings but it didn't help. I then switched off a plugin I had installed (jquery easy) and like magic the pop-up sprang into life!

Have a very happy new year and exciting things in 2017!

Cheers!
    • The following users have thanked you: MrT

• Hi, MrT,
      I just follow the first post recommendations, but it just don´t work anyway.
      I am using all the last versions at Joomla, PHP, Rockettheme...
      If you have any clue...
      Thanks in advance

PS: I cleanned the browser cache.
    • Satyro Oliveira
      satyro.com.br
      This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - Rockettheme Member
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• As the first post says - there is no longer a need to do this... use the "popupmodule" particle instead. If you need more help then please create a new topic in the appropriate template forum.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Satyro Oliveira

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Rheza

Posted 7 years 2 weeks ago
    • Hai Mr T,

I understand that this method is no longer used and Popup Particle is available, but i can't seem to find the particle on my Gantry 5.4.10. I'm using Ambrosia Template right now.

I attached the available particles on the version Gantry 5 i'm using.
      Should i look elsewhere for the Popup Particle?

Thank you if you can shed some light on this matter.

Regards,
      Rheza

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Rheza.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• The popupmodule particle is not present in Callisto so must be copied from another template. If you want to know how to copy a Gantry 5 particle from one template to another please read my tutorial here in Gantry 5 Official Documentation here .

Regards, Mark.
    • Rheza

• Hi Mr T,

Thank you for your explanation on this

Regrads,
      Rheza
    • nudlaug
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • hi MrT,

i use photon and I am trying to get a login-popup in the footer section on the right (--> login).

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

i followed your instructions and basically it's working. but on the right i got the problem that it is not showing logout when logged in. on the red button on the left it is working as you suggested. is there a way to get the "logout" also in an "normal" link?

kind regards
      oliver
    • Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Reggie Simmons.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 6 years 3 months ago
    • nudlaug -

1. This tutorial is now superseeded as it states in the very first post. - use the "popupmodule" particle instead.

2. You admin details don't work anyway.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds