Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • Mark,

That's perfect...

Sorry for the confusion...Yeah, it was driving me bonkers yesterday.

I appreciate your patience. I've made it a goal to research for a day before asking questions...but with this new stuff on Gantry 5 I get bogged down on what stuff is called...makes it hard to look up and find. It's starting to make more sense.,]

Thanks again. What you've added is perfect.

Mike (The Noob)!

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Twiggliscious - You're very welcome. I'm glad we got you sorted out in the end. If the question had been "how can I style the login button to look like the iconmenu items" I might have been a bit quicker off the mark for you :).

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Twiggliscious

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

• Mark,

LOL...duly noted!

I'm off to drink more caffeine!

Appreciate all you do!

Mike-

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...
  • Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• Hi .. followed the instructions for the popup .. works great thanks
      However the name and password fields egress the box by a few pixels, and I'd rather make the box larger than limit the size of the modlgn from the default 18 to 16 and get em to fit but the real solution is make the mypoplogin box larger in width.
      pls advise ... thanks ...
    • Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by cherry a mungal.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I can't advise if you don't provide a link to your site (together with admin details in secure).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • SenseiC

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • Starting with a brand new, Rocket-installed, instance of Callisto... no Joolma anything on the server prior...

Got the site to function... went to "step two"... time to get a login added so I can restrict content accordingly... found the tutorial and as far as I know I followed it... verbatim (so select, copy, paste, etc.)...

Alas. Never got the Login to appear. Even tried moving things around some to make it painfully obvious if change A, B, but not C appears...
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

which includes clicking Save Layout, deleting cache, browsing to page from completely new browser... Frankly I don't know WHAT has gone whacko... and yet if I selected a different preset (from the administrator session, save, etc.) I DID see the color change, etc.

Bafflement.

SenseiC bows out

PS: the "site" amounts to my development/test bed... no tears will get injured in the excavation/backfill

Where it stands at the moment: custin.com/SMUMC/
    • Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by SenseiC.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • SenseiC - Sorry for the delay in replying - Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • SenseiC

• Sigh... and of course I can't seem to remember the administrator credentials... I will login and reset them in a few hours (currently at church and won't get home until ~14:00 to 14:30 US EDT).

JayC
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by MrT. Reason: moved general correspondence to public tab
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok just post back when you can provide the details.

Regards, Mark.
    • SenseiC

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by SenseiC.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds