Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • hmm ok - I still don't get the significance - but ok. If you need help please just ask. All replies are made cronological in time ( i.e. latest reply goes on end of topic).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Alexey
    • Alexey

• Prompt please, Chrome displays a message (Google - Do not download a file Sourcerer v5.0.2 as it may be dangerous) should pay attention to this message?
  • Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• Alexey wrote:
      Prompt please, Chrome displays a message (Google - Do not download a file Sourcerer v5.0.2 as it may be dangerous) should pay attention to this message?

I had no such error when I downloaded it a few minutes ago - NoNumber.nl extensions are safe, I would ignore the message, AS LONG AS YOU ARE GETTING IT FROM NONUMBER OR JED
    • The following users have thanked you: Alexey

• {source}
      <?php
      $user = JFactory::getUser();
      $username = $user->name;  // bit i added to allow for a more customized greeting
      if ($user->guest)
      { echo "<a href=\"#\" data-rokbox data-rokbox-element=\"#mypoplogin\"><span class=\"button button-2\">Login</span></a>";}
      else 
      { echo "<a href=\"#\" data-rokbox data-rokbox-element=\"#mypoplogin\"><span class=\"button button-2 \">Logout $username</span></a>";}
      ?>
      {/source}

I'm having problems using the above modification, The above code keeps overflowing into the first section of the next text, almost as if there is an unclosed tag but I can't see one.

Can anyone advise?

Alternatively Mark (Mr T) can your code be modified to show the Name of the user??
    • Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Rich Starkie.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Alexey - I just checked the download from nonumber site in chrome and received no such message - NoNumber have an excellent reputation so I doubt that there is anything wrong with the download. Perhaps you have an overzealous plugin in Chrome for your local security?

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Alexey

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Rich Starkie - Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Rich Starkie - fixed for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Crocodile
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• The only problem I had here was that I read "display none," instead of "display none;". I used the nonumber extension to get the logout option and everything worked great.

Thanks so much for all your support. Great Stuff!!
    • rb
    • Rocketeer

• Here's my modification for everyone who wants to add the sign-in and-out icon:

{source}
          <?php
          $user = JFactory::getUser();
          if ($user->guest) { 
          ?>
          [[a href="#" data-rokbox data-rokbox-element="#mypoplogin"]][[span class="button button-2 button-red"]]	[[i class="fa fa-fw fa-sign-in"]][[/i]]Login[[/span]][[/a]]

<?php
          }
          else { 
          ?>
          [[a href="#" data-rokbox data-rokbox-element="#mypoplogin"]][[span class="button button-2 button-red"]]	[[i class="fa fa-fw fa-sign-out"]][[/i]]Logout[[/span]][[/a]]
          <?php
          }
          ?>
          {/source}

• Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by MrT.
    • The following users have thanked you: olmatiss, ShelterStore

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds