Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • MrT wrote:
      Rich Starkie - You are using cloudflare and jch_optimize - please disabled both and clear cloudflare cache, server cache and browser cache. Also ensure you have rokbox installed because I can't see it (but that might be cloudflare).

You do not need to be using a CDN unless your are a multinational company needing to server pages from a local country server and are prepared to invbest the time in configuring cloudflare to work correctly. Cloudflare breaks lots of things and for this reason I never use it.

Regards, Mark.

Hi Mark,

We are a multinational radio internet radio station, so believe a CDN is useful for us .. I will remove it though, and see if it is the cause of the problems and have cleared all caches

I wish I could use RokBooster instead of jch_optimize but everytime I try and use it, it completely breaks the other RokExtensions :(

RokBox is installed (you helped me get the login box working in the first place earlier in this thread)

I have added admin access details into the secure tab should you need them
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• Michael R Williams - undoubtedly IE Edge does have some issues - but I don't think that's the issue on this occasion. But thanks again for trying to help out - that's what the club is all about :)

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Rich Starkie - your site is broken for me now? (see screenshot).

Please let me know when working again and cloudflare has been disabled and it's cache cleared.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• MrT wrote:
      Michael R Williams - undoubtedly IE Edge does have some issues - but I don't think that's the issue on this occasion. But thanks again for trying to help out - that's what the club is all about :)

Regards, Mark.

Absolutely agree, the club and forum are all about trying to help each other where ever possible!

I am tryingto learn as much as I can so I can also start helping rather than just asking questions.... If anyone asks a question I have had experience with I wil be offering assistance more and more as my knowledge grows :)

• MrT wrote:
      Rich Starkie - your site is broken for me now? (see screenshot).

Please let me know when working again and cloudflare has been disabled and it's cache cleared.

Regards, Mark.

How odd!

CloudFlare is completely removed from the site and the DNS records

works fine for me .. could be a DNS issue that still needs to replicate properly

I'll add an alternative URL into the secure tab for you
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Rich Starkie.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Rich Starkie - on that link (and with cloudflare disabled) you rokbox is working fine. Albeit that you do still have jch_optimize enabled. So, as I indicated the issue seems to be caused by cloudflare.

Regards, Mark.

• MrT wrote:
      Rich Starkie - on that link (and with cloudflare disabled) you rokbox is working fine. Albeit that you do still have jch_optimize enabled. So, as I indicated the issue seems to be caused by cloudflare.

Regards, Mark.

I'll keep cloudflare off then, can you have advise why RokBooster causes problems with the other RokExtensions? as I mentioned earlier, I'd rather use RokBooster than JCH
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Rich Starkie - Trust me cloudflare is more trouble than it's worth, I see it 10 times a day in the forum - it always breaks things in wierd and wonderful ways.

Rokbooster has to be tuned to your particular environment and extensions - this is not something we can do for you as part of this support forum. I encourage you to read the rokbooster documentation to learn how to add exclusions and change the many other settings in rokbooster. Once tuned rokbooster will speed up your site so it's worth the effort.

Regards, Mark.

• Ive thanked you on the extension you suggested as it worked beautifully when I added a hidden menu item and then replaced the logout code in your fix with a link to the logout menu item.

I sitll have the question about resizing the login popup. I dont seem to have a data-rokbox pluggin?
    • Ambrosia, Requiem and Kraken
      Joomla: Latest
      Gantry: Latest
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Michael R Williams - it now looks very odd to me to have "logout" text on a login popup when you haven't even logged in - but that's just my opinion. You can specify the size of the rokbox popup on the rokbox button link (data-rokbox-size) - please see the rokbox documentation http://www.rockettheme.com/docs/joomla/extensions/rokbox/how_to_use.md . You do have rokbox installed otherwise it would not be working the plugin is called "content- rokbox".

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Michael R Williams

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds