0 items Join Now

Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • Mark,

Obviously I'm bothering you...If this stuff made sense to me I'd be done by now.

I'll figure it out...sad thing is, curt obtuse responses do nothing to help the situation. I joined a template club to get help.

I'm not asking for a custom hack or workup...just how to add a link. I spent time upfront looking for a fix before I bothered anyone. This stuff is not "intuitive" when it totally changes...the learning curve here sucks.

I spent about 12 hours going between here...github...the net, and yes I still have no clue what I'm doing.

I do a lot of customer service, and despite the inane questions I get, I always think what can I do to help this person.

I'm sure once I'm done it will help someone ese.

I'm off to learn Twig...which I believe is new...correct, for these templates...because it's not intuitive to me...

I have no clue after reading:

docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/overriding-particle-settings

Where to add a link that I have no clue how to format: "#" data-rokbox data-rokbox-element="#rt-popuplogin" data-rokbox-caption="Login"

To:
      {% extends '@nucleus/partials/particle.html.twig' %}

{% block particle %}
          <div class="g-iconmenu {{ particle.class|e }}">
              {% for item in particle.items %}
                  <a target="{{ particle.target }}" href="{{ item.link|e }}" title="{{ item.text }}" class="g-iconmenu-item">
                      <span class="g-iconmenu-icon {{ item.icon }}"></span>
                      <span class="g-iconmenu-text">{{ item.text }}</span>
                  </a>
              {% endfor %}
          </div>
      {% endblock %}

The info says I have to change both the twig and ymal files...

site:
            type: input.url
            label: Copyright Link
            description: Add the link to the copyright owner's site.

{% if particle.site %}<a href="{{ particle.site | default(gantry_base) }}">{% endif %}
      {{ particle.owner }}
      {% if particle.site %}</a>{% endif %}

Again...I'm lost.

Mike-

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• This is really customisation work and our documentation does cover this.

This is the Twig file as you correctly stated:

{% block particle %}
                      <a target="{{ particle.target }}" href="{{ item.link|e }}" title="{{ item.text }}" class="g-iconmenu-item">
                      </a>
                  {% endfor %}
              </div>
          {% endblock %}

To change that link change the override copy of the twig that you created according to the instructions here http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/overriding-particle-settings to this:

{% block particle %}
                      <a data-rokbox="" target="{{ particle.target }}" href="{{ item.link|e }}" title="{{ item.text }}" class="g-iconmenu-item">
                      </a>
                  {% endfor %}
              </div>
          {% endblock %}

That's it. Apart from creating the override yaml file as well (which you don't change).

I hope that helps.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

• Mark,

Thanks I appreciate the direction...I'd have never figured out from the Gantry documentation to add:
      <a [b]data-rokbox="" [/b]target="{{ particle.target }}" href="{{ item.link|e }}" title="{{ item.text }}" class="g-iconmenu-item">

So I don't add anything the yaml file? Doesn't this ake every link in the iconmenu pen on popup? I'm sure I'm missing something...

I've got the popup coming up now...just either loads a 404 or reloads the home page in the popup...

Trying to understand what I need to put where.

Halfway there.

I apologize for being gruff...this Gantry 5 switch has made something that normally took a few hours become a week and counting.

Mike-
    • Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Twiggliscious.

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...
    • Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

• I gave up...switching back to something else...Thanks for helping Mark.

Going to start looking for alternatives.

Mike-

• Mike-

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• That's a shame. i just noticed in github chat that you mentioned you robox code was using a dom element. my code didn't have that. in order to just popup a link in a rokbox the only thing that you need to add is data-rokbox. i can look tomorrow for you if you wish? if you want me too please provide superadmin login details and ftp access details in the secure tab of your post.

Regards, Mark
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

• Mark,

Shows I have no clue what I'm doing...but I thought if a popup came up...it was accessing a javascript and dom somewhere...Today has really made me feel like I suck...

So when I tried to set the Twig file/code all the I get is a 404 error...and all the icon menu items try to load in the popup...just trying to have the admin login go there...

Honestly I gave up for about 10 minutes...chugged another coke and sat down and tried messing with it again...

So forgive my horrible understanding of nomenclature for al this stuff...

If you can help. I'll take it.

Mike-

• Mike-

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Admin login does not work?

Also please could I have an ftp account login rather than control panel access too?

Regards, Mark.
    • Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

• Mark,

I've made sure these all work.

Sorry about that. Bit of dyslexia...

Mike-

• Mike-

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok so I just logged on to frontend - click on all the iconmenu items and they all came up with a popup containing the link specified in the item? So what is not working? did you clear your server cache? where are these 404's that you mentioned?

Regards, Mark.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Twiggliscious - I figured out wha tyou were trying to do (well I think so). If you change the twig then you will get the same popup behaviour on every item in the popup - this is what I originally thought you wanted but now I don't think this is the case. I think you only want the popup on the login item? In which case there is no point altering the iconmenu particle. so I reversed out your custom particle override for the iconmenu and instead just used a custom html particle as my tutorial originally suggested - the only difference being that I also used a few of the classes from the iconmenu too so that the item looks the same as the others in the iconmenu. I also had to do a one line tweak to the css in your custom CSS file.

It should now be working as you wanted - let me know.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Twiggliscious

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds