Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• sbs_jr
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • For some reason this isnt working, giving me the DOM error..

Have mijoshop login enabled.. ID 286.. Created popup login in copyright with mypoplogin class id.. created custom html with code. Button shows fine, when you click, you get the no DOM error.

What did I miss? I have done this one other sites and had no issues.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by sbs_jr.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• sbs_jr - this solution was for a joomla login. You are using a mijoshop login module instead and that is rendering absolutely nothing in output. I added a joomla login module (ID 289) just to test and change the popuplogin in copyright from ID 286 to ID 289 and it then works fine. So, It's your mijoshop login module that is the issue.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • sbs_jr
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I just got done building this site, cept it is gantry 4/Anacron.. and the popup module works fine(using the same code as this) with the mijoshop login as you can see..

www.wellprodirect.com/

I will do some more testing today and see what is going on..
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by sbs_jr.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Yes, please report back. Forget putting that login in a popup - can you actually get that module to render on the page if you assign it to a module position? (I suspect not).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • sbs_jr
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Yep the login wasnt assigned to a module in mijoshop.. so was no output.. working fine now. sorry, missed it..
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• sbs_jr - Ok no problem... glad that you got it working.

Regards, Mark.
    • YeeP
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Mark, I would really like to change the look of that button to something that goes along for the template itself. If there a place to learn more about the rokbox settings for that?

(color, button style, etc...)

Thanks!
      Ryan
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by YeeP.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• YeeP - the "color, button style, etc" is nothing to do with rokbox. Your creating a button and then you just happen to use it to open a rokbox. If you look on the "typography" page of demo/rocketlauncher you will see the alternate buttons classes that you can use to style the button (all of which do fit in with the template style). So, in my example I used "button button-2" but you could use any other instead. If the styling that you require is different from that provided in the template then you can of course create your own classes or modify existing classes in a custom CSS file.

To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.
  • Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• Hi Mark,

thanks for this tutorial. I've used it on my Salient site and it works perfectly bar the fact that the login form always displays even though it's set not to. Do you have any idea what might be causing that? You can see it here (at the bottom right):
      http://houtgaard.nl/index.php/en/

Regards,
      Imke
    • Thanks in advance for any help!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Imke - you put "display none;" instead of "display: none;" in step 4 of my tutorial.

I've corrected this for you and it now works.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by MrT.
    • The following users have thanked you: Imke Philipoom

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds