Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Must Joomla Extensions all be GNU/GPL? Have your say.

• Re: Must Joomla Extensions all be GNU/GPL? Have your say.

Posted 16 years 10 months ago
    • Will do.
    • Andrew Eddie
      <><
      The Art of Joomla - A Joomla Magazine - www.theartofjoomla.com
      JXtended - Empowering the Web - jxtended.com

• Yeah, it's being refurbished for a lifestyle site at the moment. Be ready for "market trials" <cough> in a few weeks.

To give you an idea, it will be able to handle something as complex as this:
      health.discovery.com/ (this is not the one I'm working on)

Obviously that type of site is going to cost you slightly more than the price point and need a good designer to support you :) Actually in a case like that, the cost of the software is insignificant - I throw it in for free.
    • Andrew Eddie
      <><

• I am getting excited already!

@Amy
      I put up a couple of similar ones and I am working on the ideas you sent. Making them funny is the tough bit.

lol someone put your name on there. haha.
    • www.ninjoomla.com - The Ninjoomla Open Source Extension Club
      Over 50 open source extensions and 100 videos to you build the site you want.

• Daniel Chapman wrote:
      lol someone put your name on there. haha.

I know, cracked me up - I've gotten a few emails on it! I love it! Can't wait to see the cartoons. OK - here's another cartoon idea - fork - because it's allowed by the GPL - to take source - so you can protect yours from the GPL. That's kinda funny! ;)
      Andrew Eddie wrote:
      To give you an idea, it will be able to handle something as complex as this:
      health.discovery.com/ (this is not the one I'm working on)

Obviously that type of site is going to cost you slightly more than the price point and need a good designer to support you :) Actually in a case like that, the cost of the software is insignificant - I throw it in for free.

So, can you do this kind of thing - with the right designer? That's a Drupal site - and it IS fabulous. Moshe Wietzman did a write up on building it. Complicated work - but beautiful results. Those are complex websites - lots of interest.
    • ~*~ OpenSourceCommunity.org ~*~

• Um-ahhhh. Stolen identity :) Sounds like a job for Toonla to investigate ...

Duuuum-di-dum-dah
    • Andrew Eddie
      <><

• Amy Stephen wrote:
      So, can you do this kind of thing - with the right designer? That's a Drupal site - and it IS fabulous. Moshe Wietzman did a write up on building it. Complicated work - but beautiful results. Those are complex websites - lots of interest.
      Yeah. They aren't cheap, but they are doable and that kind of site is my personal sweet spot (but you can do really simple sites too). The hard part is working out how to categorise your data - formally or informally (both are possible). Once you've done that, just add enough module positions and you are golden.

There is an optional extra that someone else is creating that will just blow your mind, but I'll leave you (and the competition) guessing about that for a little while longer. Oh man, it is soooo cool.
    • Andrew Eddie
      <><

• mm module positions.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the top panel of Toonla has 3 module positions nested inside each other.

An outer vertical one that collapses and hides. an inner horizontal one with the Rokslide and a modulizer in it, then in the modulizer is a vertical one with the login and pms system.

So much you can do with nesting module positions.
      Andrew Eddie wrote:
      Um-ahhhh. Stolen identity :) Sounds like a job for Toonla to investigate ...

Duuuum-di-dum-dah

I have an idea already. Will put it together when I get a chance after work... (I hate that word)...
    • www.ninjoomla.com - The Ninjoomla Open Source Extension Club
      Over 50 open source extensions and 100 videos to you build the site you want.

• Andrew Eddie wrote:
      There is an optional extra that someone else is creating that will just blow your mind, but I'll leave you (and the competition) guessing about that for a little while longer. Oh man, it is soooo cool.

Now I can't stop thinking about it, when, how much, how differ from competitor, how easy to use.

*I know, I probably won't get an answer
    • VirtueShop

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds