Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Welcome to RTv3!!!

• Ali Samii
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: Welcome to RTv3!!!

Posted 10 years 2 months ago
    • What editor are you using in the Forums?

It has a very nice, clean and well-thought-out interface. I am sure you have customised it, but it would be nice to know what you are using. (It doesn't seem like it is RokPad, although I guess it could be a customised RokPad).

Also, James Spencer said:
      We are using RokFace for the content, as a base.

What is RokFace?
    • Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Ali Samii.
    • Thank you.

Ali Samii
  • Re: Welcome to RTv3!!!

• Hello,
      This morning when I visited your new website I noticed that you use RokBooster, and I had pages that do not display correctly (issue I found on one of my websites). Now the pages are displayed well but I found that you no longer use RokBooster. Have you noticed a issue with RokBooster on your new website?
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Ali Samii wrote:
      What editor are you using in the Forums?

It has a very nice, clean and well-thought-out interface. I am sure you have customised it, but it would be nice to know what you are using. (It doesn't seem like it is RokPad, although I guess it could be a customised RokPad).

Also, James Spencer said:
      We are using RokFace for the content, as a base.

What is RokFace?

The editor is indeed completely custom but it's using the same underlying architecture as RokPad. RokFace is another custom extension we built to provide flexible layouts that frontends a CCK-like backend.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Thierry Devaux wrote:
      Hello,
      This morning when I visited your new website I noticed that you use RokBooster, and I had pages that do not display correctly (issue I found on one of my websites). Now the pages are displayed well but I found that you no longer use RokBooster. Have you noticed a issue with RokBooster on your new website?

We have been running RokBooster without issue for a few weeks in our staging environment, and we did launch with it enabled. However, during the first few hours we had some reports of CSS breaking so we turned off Booster temporarily while we investigate this.
  • Re: Welcome to RTv3!!!

• OK finally with RokBooster it worked in your staging environment but not in real conditions (that is why the theory and reality are two different things). I hope you find the solution, maybe it will help me to solve a similar problem on my website.
    • Ali Samii
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Is there any chance that you will be providing us with the skin (or a modified version of the skin) used for the custom RokPad you have in the Forums?

More importantly, as I am on Max Os X Mavericks, I have had trouble with the cursor position in RokPad (see the screenshot). It seems to me that you have found a solution to that on your site as I do not have the same problem in the forums, and I am hoping that you will be providing us with a solution (either an update or a workaround).

Is RokFace going to be a new extension you will be developing, and if so, could you provide us with some idea of what it does and/or when it may be released?

Finally, I love how you have integrated Kunena into the site, and I hope that you are planning on migrating and/or adding Kunena Themes to correspond with the Joomla templates (are you???).

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

NB: The cursor is hard to see in the screenshot, but it is just under the closing </p> tag of the previous line.
    • Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Ali Samii. Reason: Adding some clarifications
    • Thank you.

Ali Samii
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Thierry Devaux wrote:
      OK finally with RokBooster it worked in your staging environment but not in real conditions (that is why the theory and reality are two different things). I hope you find the solution, maybe it will help me to solve a similar problem on my website.

It's probably a very specific issue related to our quite complex setup. We have mutiple webservers that are behind a load balancer, running their file system of a shared NFS file mount, all running under FPM on top of Apache and a separate database server. It's not a typical setup and has lead to some complexities that are hard to recreate outside of a production environment. Our staging server is much more like the typical web hosting server, and things were fine on that. Anyway, when we find out what the deal is, and if effects RokBooster in general we'll certainly fix it and get that out to you guys. My gut feeling is that RokBooster is fine, and its a configuration thing on our server end.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Ali Samii wrote:
      Is there any chance that you will be providing us with the skin (or a modified version of the skin) used for the custom RokPad you have in the Forums?

More importantly, as I am on Max Os X Mavericks, I have had trouble with the cursor position in RokPad (see the screenshot). It seems to me that you have found a solution to that on your site as I do not have the same problem in the forums, and I am hoping that you will be providing us with a solution (either an update or a workaround).

Is RokFace going to be a new extension you will be developing, and if so, could you provide us with some idea of what it does and/or when it may be released?

Finally, I love how you have integrated Kunena into the site, and I hope that you are planning on migrating and/or adding Kunena Themes to correspond with the Joomla templates (are you???).

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

To be honest i've not seen that particular bug before and we're using Mavericks and RokPad all the time. We'll certainly take a look at it though.

RokFace is a very custom extension that is tailored for our product releases so it really is not suitable for a more general product release.

We do plan on focusing more on Kunena themes, we did in fact create several internally based on our club templates. However, we had to stop that development as we went down a whole new HVMC path with Kunena that makes our old kunena templates obsolete. Now we've released RTv3 we're going to go back and take what we learned and see how we can develop top-notch Kunena templates with as much inspiration from RTv3 as possible! :)
    • Last Edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Ryan M Pierson.
    • The following users have thanked you: Ali Samii

• Ali Samii
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Ok, we have a ticket for this, we'll be looking at bug fixes for RokPad in the next couple of weeks. Cheers.
    • The following users have thanked you: Ali Samii

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds