Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Welcome to RTv3!!!

• Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

Re: Welcome to RTv3!!!

Posted 10 years 1 month ago
    • Just a little update after 2 days of being live on RTv3.

Well, I have to say we are all really pleased with how few issues we have had with the new site so far. We have a few minor known issues that we are actively working on, as well as few new features and modifications that have come to light after our first few days of real-world testing. But really nothing major at all.

Performance of RTv3 has been very good. We use NewRelic to monitor the peformance of our site and since migrating on friday our throughput has doubled and our error rate has dropped to basically zero. Also our 'Apdex' score is much more solid than it ever used to be. We still have some optimization plans to put into place, one of those being enabling RokBooster again. First we need to resolve the issue we're having with our NFS shared filesystem not syncing the compressed RokBooster files in real-time between our load-balanced web servers. Also we plan on upgrading our web server hardware in the next few weeks to faster machines with SSD drives.

We will push out some more fixes today, and continue to add and tweak things over the next few weeks. If you see something that we should look at, please let us know by leaving a note here on the forum.

Cheers!
    • render8
    • Rocketeer

• Hi,

Congratulation on new site. It look very nice. I've found some issues and hope that will be fixed soon.

On WP8 (using IE or UC Browser) RTV3 is not responsive. This is how it look like:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I cannot swipe it right. Only up and down.

Also I'm getting 403 Forbidden message for this previously bookmarked topic:
      http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/discussion/176550

It seems like my FF spelling checker don't work in this new editor.
  • Re: Welcome to RTv3!!!

• Do you get a 403 Forbidden even if you go directly to the new URL link ?
    • The following users have thanked you: render8

• / Djamil Legato / Lead Developer /
    • render8
    • Rocketeer

• Thank you, Djamil. It's working that way ;)
    • Saul H
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Still Learning ; )

• Andy Miller wrote:
      Cebby wrote:
      I already miss the Demo link at the top of the main site page.

For those of us using multiple platforms (Joomla, WP & Magento for me), this was a very easy way to get to the demo pages and review the various templates.

I'm probably not alone in that I frequent the demo pages while setting up sites or customizing CSS to review both module positions, typography and module suffixes.

Going into a template first to get to the demo site seems more cumbersome than it needs to be.

Any thoughts on this?

The demo is simply demo.rockettheme.com if you frequent it a lot, I suggest bookmarking it. We have tried to strip down our header as much as possible to keep it cleaner and less confusing. That said, we will certainly take your request to heart and see how we can make the demos more accessible. Perhaps in the drop-down menu for each platform?

I also frequent that demo site a lot and will be taking your suggestion to bookmark it, HOWEVER, is there any way you can modify the selection of the templates in 2 ways?

1 - the old demo page let you view a long list of the templates, mkaing it really easy to scroll through the growing number of templates availble; now, we can only view 5 at a time which can take a long time when you want to dig down to some of the older templates

2 - on the old demo page, you could see the month and year of the template release, is their anyway you can add that info as well?

Thank you for your time.

Saul

• Saul

• Saul Herrera wrote:
      I also frequent that demo site a lot and will be taking your suggestion to bookmark it, HOWEVER, is there any way you can modify the selection of the templates in 2 ways?

1 - the old demo page let you view a long list of the templates, mkaing it really easy to scroll through the growing number of templates availble; now, we can only view 5 at a time which can take a long time when you want to dig down to some of the older templates

2 - on the old demo page, you could see the month and year of the template release, is their anyway you can add that info as well?

Thank you for your time.

Saul

A filtering / search implementation is something we could look into later on, kind of like we have in this section of the site.
      Although the month and year is something we purposely dropped and I'm quite sure we are not going to change that back again.
    • / Djamil Legato / Lead Developer /
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• I'm pleased to let everyone know we now have working 'remember me for 31 days' functionality! Hurrah! Required 3 new Joomla plugins to replace the core ones that were not cutting it for us. Let us know if you have any troubles. Cheers!
    • The following users have thanked you: Bay Area Jenn, Matias Griese

• I'm pleased to let everyone know we now have working 'remember me for 31 days' functionality! Hurrah! Required 3 new Joomla plugins to replace the core ones that were not cutting it for us. Let us know if you have any troubles. Cheers!

Yay!! It's working for me. :)
      Everything looks fantastic! Beautiful work! Thanks very much Rockettheme Team! :)
      :) jenn

• The new site looks really nice, but I cannot stay logged in. I've selected the option to stay logged in for 31 days but it doesn't matter; I keep getting logged out several times a day.
    • Brian Towles
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Geekus Maximus

• DynamicWebStudios wrote:
      The new site looks really nice, but I cannot stay logged in. I've selected the option to stay logged in for 31 days but it doesn't matter; I keep getting logged out several times a day.

You wouldnt happen to be running Safari or webkit based browser and it loses it after you shutdown the browser? We noticed a bug with that and are trying to debug. For some reason the browser isnt keeping the cookie after shutdown.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds