• Re: Welcome to RTv3!!!

Posted 10 years 1 month ago
    • Chrome, yes - but it happens even if I don't close the browser
    • Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

Re: Welcome to RTv3!!!

• The product updates page is not responsive and also not scrollable on mobile.
    • Dan Walker - Web Designer & Developer @ Top Webs Network
      Custom Joomla & Wordpress Websites
  • Re: Welcome to RTv3!!!

• DynamicWebStudios wrote:
      Chrome, yes - but it happens even if I don't close the browser
      Could you try logging out, clearing your cookies, and log in with remember me again?
      Perhaps there are some old sessions stored on your browser.
    • / Djamil Legato / Lead Developer /
    • Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

• Forum subscriptions do not send emails. Where are we supposed to post issues with RTv3? I think it would be good to devote a forum section to site issues and suggestions.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• topwebs wrote:
      Forum subscriptions do not send emails. Where are we supposed to post issues with RTv3? I think it would be good to devote a forum section to site issues and suggestions.

Subscriptions seem to be working fine. See this is the subscription email I got from your message here. I do need to setup an RTv3 forum though for specific issues.
    • Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

• I got the subscription email for this thread. However, I just engaged in this subscribed thread and received no subscription emails ( www.rockettheme.com/forum/joomla-extensi...ambles-headline-text ). I'm not sure what the difference is, but there is an issue.
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• Hmm.. we'll have to look into that issue then.

BTW, side-note. RSS feeds are enabled again for the RocketTheme Blog and also the Product Updates pages... I know this has been requested a few times.
    • Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

• Thanks for the RSS Feeds. Makes it convenient to keep up with IFTTT.
    • Dan221
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Personally I do not care that much, how it looks, but I am impressed, how amazing fast the website is. Indeed, going most time with EDGE I really know the difference. Thats exactly the speed and performance I want for my gantry and joomle sites.
      So this three points would be 120% satisfaction to the 100% already:
      - what makes RTv3 (the main site) that fast? CouldnĀ“t you bring that to us?
      - I use Rokbox in the same way as you do but with components like foxcontact or the core contactform. I load an extra template to not have the problem with the main-template inside the rokbox. That slows everything down. So, how did you fix that? There should be the possibility to load a stylesheet only for rokbox. Could you bring that to rokbox?
      - the new 404 - we want it all :)
      So thank you for the great RTv3; Dan
    • Andy Miller
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Kahuna

• I think it's as fast as it because we only use what we need. This is by far and away the biggest issue for most people who have problems with performance. Every extension you install potentially slows down your site. Some extensions that use lots of plugins, can slow your site down hugely! Everything RocketTheme releases is optimized to be as fast as possible, unfortunately the same can not be said of every extension out there. There are certain well known and popular extensions (not going to name names) that have system plugins that run through huge chunks of code even if they are not being displayed in anyway on the page.

Also, we have multiple dedicated web servers with a stand-alone server for the database. That said, even on a single server with multiple sites running on it (such as our development and testing server) this RTv3 was even faster than here in production. Other factors that probably contributed to that include only using the features and functionality in Gantry that we needed (Gantry is very fast when you do this). Using APC caching. Running with PHP 5.5 (we were on PHP 5.3 before). Also we've done some optimization on the MySQL database which helps a fair bit.

All that said, we're running the same Joomla3 as you guys, we're running the latest version of Gantry, and RokSprocket, we have developed some components to do specific things we need, but nothing crazy. We are actually in the process of moving to newer webserver hardware so we can expect performance to increase even more. Also we're working on resolving our very-specific RokBooster issue that is caused by our clustered webservers and shared file-system. That will also help.

So it's fast already and we're pleased with the results, but soon it will be even faster!

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds