Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Update on Wage

• Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Full-Time Cancer Fighter!

Re: Update on Wage

Posted 13 years 3 months ago
    • P.S. the Doctor's decided to give me a few days off the Vidaza® to recuperate. With any chemotherapy regimen one's body can be "over-treated" and what normally would be "minor" side-effects can turn into "major" problems.

Today is Wednesday and the Doctors are giving me until Monday morning to rest. I will start my next cycle of Vidaza® then.

Thanks for reading!
      Wage
    • "Everyone has to get knocked-down every once-in-a-while, otherwise you'll never learn how to get-back-up! "
      A quote attributed to my Grandpa Wagers
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Blog entry:
      01-20-11
      12:51 pm

Today is Allison's 4th Birthday and it is snowing "Big-Time!!!" She is very excited about it and is sitting by the window looking outside at the falling snow. I told her that the snow was part of her birthday party!!! She said "Thank You Daddy! I giggled and accepted a big-ol' hug from her! I wish I was well-enough to go play in the snow with her. But, I will just have to enjoy her fun from a distance!

Wage
    • "Everyone has to get knocked-down every once-in-a-while, otherwise you'll never learn how to get-back-up! "
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Blog entry:
      01-24-11
      9:25 pm

I started another round of chemo today. I was really feeling pretty good after having a few-days-off! But now, I am feeling it again! The good news is that I only have to do 5-straight-days this time before another break.
      I met with my Doctor today. He didn't have much "good-news" to give today! He said that my body is NOT reacting to the Vidaza® the way that He had hoped. Although my metabolism is slowed-down, my blood counts are not stabilizing. He changed my appointment schedule to an every two weeks transfusion routine. This will be my schedule until I leave for Nashville's Transplant Center.
      The Doctor's will "Knock-me-down" with the Vidaza® and then build me back up with transfusions..... Then repeat.

I guess it sure does beat the alternative....

Thanks for reading!
      Wage
    • Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Robert D. Wagers.
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Blog entry:
      01-26-11
      8:06 pm

Today was day-3 of 5 straight days in a row of Chemo. It is "kicking-in" again and I am draggin'!
      Yesterday was my Beautiful Wife's 40th birthday! She doesn't look 40 and she looks as pretty as the day we met!

Wage
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• :arrowu: Lucky boy!!

My wife's seemed not to have aged in the 15 years we've been together...

She takes good care of herself (and her husband spoils her).
    • Thanks,
      jim
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Blog entry:
      01-27-11
      2:45 pm

I had another Vidaza® treatment today. After the treatment (IV bag) was given a Nurse noticed that my IV site was swollen, bright red and warm to the touch. A Doctor was called and She said it was Phlebitis . So, now I have to take a course of antibiotics to clear it up.

Thanks for reading :)
      Wage
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• This is the Most-Recent Photo of my wife!
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

It's hard to believe that she's 40!!!! It doesn't seem fair! I'm old, got a pot-belly, balding, and on my 7th year of fighting cancer.....
    • NZD - Jonathan
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • CEO, NZD Securities

• Nice!
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• I actually received a call From the Transplant Doctor Himself today (Dr. Chin). He wanted to go over all the risks and obstacles we will face during the transplant. He was the same Doc that I had for my last transplant and he remembered me as well. He explained that he has been following my progress since my last transplant and knew of my recent difficulties.

I told him that I am willing to do anything and everything required of me to have this transplant. I told him that "I'm sick-and-tired of being sick-and-tired!" I further said that I want to feel NORMAL again!!!! He responded by saying that he will do his best!
      Thanks for reading....
      Wage
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds