Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Update on Wage

• Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Full-Time Cancer Fighter!

Re: Update on Wage

Posted 13 years 4 months ago
    • A great quote that my Grandfather used to say all the time...
      "You have to get knocked-down every once in a while... otherwise, you never learn how to get-back-up!"
      Wage
    • Last Edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Robert D. Wagers.
    • "Everyone has to get knocked-down every once-in-a-while, otherwise you'll never learn how to get-back-up! "
      A quote attributed to my Grandpa Wagers
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi Wage,

My dad used that quote too. As a typical know it all teenager I recall replying to that "It would be nice if some days it was a bicycle that knocked me down instead of the usual truck!"

I guess in your current situation some of the days feel like the truck has reversed back over you and had another couple of goes at knocking you down. Good job you're such an expert at getting back up :wink:

Best wishes

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Blog entry:
      11-15-10
      2:42 pm
        I had the 3rd dose of 21 doses before I get to recuperate for a few days. This
      Vidaza® makes one feel EXTREMELY tired! I have only had 3 doses and it is already "dragging-me-down!"
      I had a hard-time getting out of bed this morning. I woke up, got dressed, sat-down in my recliner, and fell back to sleep again! I can't imagine how I will feel after I am about half-way through this treatment cycle! I just hope and pray that it works!

Wage
    • Last Edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Robert D. Wagers.
    • "Everyone has to get knocked-down every once-in-a-while, otherwise you'll never learn how to get-back-up! "
  • Re: Update on Wage

• Hang in there Wage, one seventh done
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Blog entry:
      11-16-10
      12:35 pm

I had another chemo treatment today and all-of-the-sudden, I am having a "heart-burn-like" feeling in my chest. I have read everything I can about this chemo-drug Vidaza® and this is a common side-effect. Also, I can't seem to get enough rest... no matter how many hours I sleep.

Thanks for reading!
      Wage
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Blog entry:
      12-17-10
      5:15 pm

I had a Mental Health evaluation today! I guess this illness is causing me to be a little depressed. I hate the fact that I am having to go through this chemo regimen and feel like I'm getting "beat-down!" all over again! I have been through so-much stuff since I was originally diagnosed in 2004 and I don't know how much more my body can take!

I was really disappointed when I was told that the first transplant didn't work and that I would have to endure another one. These transplants are NOT fun and I wouldn't wish anyone to have to go through one..... much-less two of them!! I am trying to keep "a stiff upper-lip" about the whole situation, but it is difficult when you feel badly like I do, all-the-time!

Thanks for reading!
      Wage
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• JEM wrote:
      Wage, it gets more and more difficult to reply with all the problems you are facing, :o (my dad went through the same thing) but as Hennig said, don't give up.

Fingers crossed, you are in our prayers.

All the best, you're an inspiration to all of us.

JEM

How could you not be depressed with all that is going on?
    • Thanks,
      jim
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Blog entry:
      12-20-10
      2:15 pm
      I had a lab-appointment and a check up with the doctor! He wanted to check my blood counts to see how this Vidaza® is affecting my counts. My counts were low, but not low enough to warrant another blood-transfusion. I have gotten very close to the maximum number of transfusions one can have before you have iron overload!

I still have an upper-respiratory infection, so the doctor changed my chemo schedule and put me on a long-term anti-biotic to clear-it-up. The chemo is beating me down and my body is too weak to fight it.... so, an adjustment to my chemo will give me a chance to get rid of it! Then it's back to the original schedule.

Thanks for reading!
      Wage
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

• Hi Wage,

Keep up the fight.

Humans are like teabags - we only find our true strength when we are in hot water! And even when we get used time and time again we always have little left to give :)

Without the lows of valleys we cannot appreciate the highs of mountains. Life is pretty much the same, you will come out of this much stronger and wiser than those of us who have not had to endure the pain and suffering. You will enjoy the simple things in life where we all take them for granted.

The important thing is that you will get through this. So long as you believe then you will achieve. The mind is a powerful force and don't underestimate that.

Wishing you and your family a peaceful and joyous Christmas and a better New Year than the last one 8)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • Robert D. Wagers
    • Elite Rocketeer

• This is a Cristian Song and Video that a friend insisted that I watch! I like this song and the message was right-on-target for me! Please watch and Enjoy!
      Wage

http://youtu.be/V65EPF2S-s0

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds