Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Widget overrides with Gantry

• Sheldon
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Widget overrides with Gantry

Posted 12 years 11 months ago
    • Lot of people are having trouble with widget overrides in WordPress with the Gantry plug-in. If you make a change to an existing widget it doesn't show up on the front end, and sometimes widgets show up on the wrong page after a revision is attempted.

This problem seems to have been going on for months with no apparent solution that I've been able to find on this support forum. The latest version of Gantry, 1.3, doesn't fix the problem.

This is really messed up when you've been paid for developing a website for a business and then come to find that what you've sold them isn't working. NOT GOOD FOR BUSINESS obviously.

Is anyone at least trying to solve this huge flaw in the code???
  • Re: Widget overrides with Gantry

• Having the same problem....wasted hours!
    • Sheldon
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Widget overrides with Gantry

• I'm not sure yet but I think that maybe only selecting the menu item in the override assignments section may keep the overrides functional.

• I was hoping you were on to something but it didn't work for me. I add a blank text widget and it makes it whatever it wants to. Frustrating. If you do it a hundred times eventually it will work. Crazy!!

• The only way I've got it to work is keep adding new overrides until one works....a drag!
    • Sheldon
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Try using just the menu item assignment (see attachment) and let us know if it works for you, if you don't mind.

The rocketlauncher installs have more than just the menu item assigned by default.

• No help :(

• Having the same problem - very unprofessional - defeats the object of buying developer rights.
      I delete widgets from the sidebar in one override only to find they pop up in another override in another widget position all mixed up with the widgets that show in this position.....!
      Any idea when a solution might be in sight?
    • Sheldon
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I wouldn't mind so much if it were my own site that had the trouble, I could just switch to another template provider, there are plenty of good ones to chose from. But I've just developed three WordPress websites using Gantry for clients and it's "driving them crazy." They've paid me, so this could cause me a LOT of grief.

I don't expect I could get a refund on my RocketTheme WordPress subscription...
    • jalneal

Posted 12 years 10 months ago
    • I can confirm I have this problem. The best fix I have found is to create custom widgets, even for text where the change is made in code. This actually works really well for me because my clients can add or move them as they please, and just come back to me when they want a new widget built. You can make a widget that reads data from a particular post too if you need them to have one that is dynamic.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds